Thursday 24 November 2011

18p - HOW LOW CAN YOU GO?

Hi everyone

Has anyone else tried this pasta sauce from Aldi's? Only 18p a jar.I thought i would try it out and use instead of tinned tomatoes at 31p a tin. So two jars of sauce instead of two tins tomatoes, one large pack of mince, onion, mushrooms, carrots and green pepper ( had one lurking in the fridge). Added extra garlic, oregano and tomatoe puree  and crushed pepper corns for added taste. then into the slow cooker for 3 hours. I have to say it smelt wonderful.


Now all in trays (recycled of course) ready for the freezer. I got 4 good 2 person portions.


I costed this out and it comes to less than 50p per one person portion. Not too bad. could have been less if I had used more veg to stretch it further but I have to think of O/H who does like his meat.
See you all soon. Best wishes wannabe frugal.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, I just found your blog and think what youve blogged already is brill!! Why have you stopped? I go as low as I can regarding housekeeping budget and already follow frugal blogs like hard up hester and frigal queen. Hope to see you blogging again soon. Kind regards.

    ReplyDelete