Tuesday 3 January 2012

CAN I MAKE A WINTER WARMER MEAL FOR 2 OUT OF THIS?


I have had to amend my menu for this week as I had a burgher left over (one person didn't come to dinner).
Today the weather has been dreadful with high winds and lashing rain so I wanted to make a comfort meal.
Pictured above are the ingredients I used. Since I am trying not to waste anything I needed to use up the burgher so I've added a couple of sausages with potatoes, carrots and green beans and half an onion to maked onion gravy and made the one burgher into two small ones.
To save gas I used my stacking pan for the potatoes with the veg steaming above. Fried the sausages, burghers and onions, made some gravy with gravy granules and a touch of chilli, added to sausages and burghers. Mashed potato is made with semi skimmed mild and a spoonful of plain yoghurt instead of butter.

And here is dinner (sorry not the best picture but I didn't want it to get cold). Costed out at approx 80p for person and no waste.
I have taken the fish finger meal off the menu (just as well -  chips twice in a week is a bit naughty!!!!)
Back soon
best wishes wannabe frugal

No comments:

Post a Comment